Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Why am I still not getting any thump thump???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why am I still not getting any thump thump???

So I know the amp is getting power. I re attached the ground as well using a proper ring, i put in 14 ga wires from the sub to the amp, and its still not getting anything most of the time. then it'll kind of cut in and out. Could it be the remote wire? this is really pissing me off.... any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Teching In

A few things you might want to check:
1. Make sure that your power and ground wires and larger enough to provide enough power to the amp (should say requirements on box). I've usually seen 4-8 gauge wire for power and ground.
2. You want your ground wire to be as big or slightly bigger than the power wire.
3. Check every connection that has to do with the amp, from the battery to the ground to the speaker connections both at the amp and the speaker. If necessary, inside the box between the speaker and box terminals. Make sure ground is connected to an unpainted surface.
4. Make sure your amp has a large enough output to power the speaker(s).

Other than those, I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

It could possibly be the remote turn on wire. I would also check and make sure you are grounded well. If i can think of anything else, i'll let you know.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

well if it was the remote wire, i wouldnt be getting my amp to turn on right? im gonna switch out the subs today and see if that does anything. this is a pain. I was told if it were the remote wire, my amp wouldnt turn on
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the power control wire of the amp. its the lil blue wire...check its connection with the head unit...