Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Body Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Control Module

This may be the wrong forum but here goes ...

I need help on how to program a body control module. I have heard of a way but I am not confident enough to try it.

Anyone with knowledge of how to do this without the Tech 2 ... or any knowledge please contact me.

98 Trans Am ---- 95 Trans Am ---- 2003 Envoy
Old 04-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The Body Control Module is not programmable except for alarm and keyless entry options. The procedure for that is in your owner's manual and posted in this forum several times. Other than that, the only programmable item is the matching of the ignition key for VATS. This is done automatically the first time the key is used with a new BCM - once it's done it can never be changed.

In fact, although the BCM stores DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes), you don't access them with any kind of special tool. You access the DTC history using a procedure similar to programming the alarm using the ignition switch and a combination of other dash switches. It flashes the SECURITY light in the instrument cluster to display the DTCs much like the light on an answering machine shows the number of messages.

Quick Reply: Body Control Module