Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2000 TA Monsson upgradeable to CD changer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2000 TA Monsson upgradeable to CD changer?

I have a 2000 TA with the stock HU. According to the sticky, it should be able to control the factory CD changer. My car was not optioned with the CD changer. My question is does the factory still run the wires from the HU to the trunk where the CD changer would be even if the changer does not get installed?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes It does It bolts and plugs right up. I have one for sale in the FS section It works great and comes with all the bolts an brackets.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You'll find the changer harness wrapped in foam taped to the left rear (hatch) speaker harness.

You'll have to come up with a way to attach the changer to the floor. When changers are factory installed, the brackets are welded to the floor pan in the cubby area on the left side. You can drill holes and screw/bolt the brackets to the floor but an easier way is to slip a piece of plywood or MDF under the carpet and then screw through the carpet into the wood. The wood provides good support for the screws without having to put holes in the floor and going through the carpet keeps everthing from moving around.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
You'll find the changer harness wrapped in foam taped to the left rear (hatch) speaker harness.

You'll have to come up with a way to attach the changer to the floor. When changers are factory installed, the brackets are welded to the floor pan in the cubby area on the left side. You can drill holes and screw/bolt the brackets to the floor but an easier way is to slip a piece of plywood or MDF under the carpet and then screw through the carpet into the wood. The wood provides good support for the screws without having to put holes in the floor and going through the carpet keeps everthing from moving around.
Mine is a convertible, so it doesn't have the hatch speakers. Do you think it will be attached to the rear sail panel speaker harness, or run to the trunk?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one too if you are looking to install one. Once you find the cable let me know and we can work something out. I'm REALLY flexible on the price since I am moving and don't need any more crap to pack.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It should be in the left side of the trunk but I don't know exactly where. Of course, this only applies to Monsoon systems. The basic audio system equipped cars don't have the changer harness pre-installed.