Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Someone help please!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone help please!!!!!!

So I'm on my second stock cd deck the first one I got rid of because every time I placed a cd in the cd player it would literally throw the cd out and the ERR message comes out on the display part, so I got rid of it. Then I got the second and was working fine then all of a sudden I tried to put a cd in the cd player and the same thing it throws it out. To note the second started doing this after the battery was dead for about three weeks or so and gives me the same message ERR. The car is a 98' Camaro Z. The radio works, so is the cd player F****D? Help?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what number error is it?? Im not too farmiliar with stock decks but most of the time there is different error codes,,, you can look online and find what errror you have and what it means.

It could be anything from misaligned lazer eye, damaged deck, scratched cd, unreadable burnt cd, dent or wobbly cd, weather problem like fog or frost on cd, dirty cd or lazer. lots of stuff.
hwat kind of deck it is and cd,,, does it do it with all cds?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:44 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You sure it wasn't saying E20? Look, these cd players are absolute garbage. I've been through FOUR of them with my '97Z and '99 T/A, so don't bother trying to replace your unit with factory stuff. If they're not spitting out brand new cd's they're scratching up everything else. Get an aftermarket radio, where you run the risk of having it stolen, or do what I did, which was get the cassette deck and run MP3 players or the optional cd changer system on it...

Search this Thread