Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anybody know anything about Ford sound systems?(05 Lincoln Aviator)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know anything about Ford sound systems?(05 Lincoln Aviator)

I bought the wife a new vehicle and it has the 6 dics cd changer in the dash and I want to put a navigation system in it for her(she couldget lost in a closet) but I want to retain the steering wheel controls. Any suggestions?

Im also open to suggestions of what headunit to put in it. It needs to have reverse cam capability, rear dvd output since I want to eventually install a small tv in the back for the kids.

Ive never gotten this deep into a system before so Im a bit lost.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as steering wheel controls you can retain them by using a PAC steering wheel control adapter. Depending on the brand HU you buy they have a few different ones that will plug directly into the back of a Pioneer/Eclipse/JVC/Sony etc. HU and the steering controls will work if its a brand not listed on their site they sell a universal one that comes with a remote IR emitter that has to be mounted somewhere it can have direct line of sight to the front of the HU as long as the HU you buy comes with a remote you can program this unit to send out the IR signals from the OEM remote. As far as Navi recommendations I would check a few of the leading brands out and see which ones come with the features you listed theres A LOT of options out there from USB/Bluetooth/SatelliteRadio/IPOD/MP3 etc...

Steering Wheel Adapters:
http://pac-audio.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=29

Quick Reply: Anybody know anything about Ford sound systems?(05 Lincoln Aviator)