Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Window Modulator?

Old 05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Modulator?

Super sorry if i this has already been posted, but i didn't find anything.
would anyone happen to know where the window modulator is and how i can get to it.
All i know is that i've been told its in the dash somewhere.

My driver side window does not work, and i know its not the motor, switchs, or fuses, so ive been told that in rare occasions some modulator in the dash somewhere will go out resulting in the window to not work.
please correct me if im wrong on any of this.

any suggestions would help, thanks
-adam
Old 05-13-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

no idea, but get a voltmeter and check the power going into the switch/motor and see if there is any! that could be helpful if you haven't done it already...
Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tuffluck
no idea, but get a voltmeter and check the power going into the switch/motor and see if there is any! that could be helpful if you haven't done it already...
Its been a while since ive actually looked into this problem, the window hasnt worked for months, and for several reasons i have just left it as is.
but if i remember correctly it was checked. Just dont remember the results

i just remember i was told after checking everything that it most likely is the modulator,
and thatll only cost me like $45 at a junk yard.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

from the driver's side its about 6 inches to the right of the gas pedal. its fitted in a little pocket on the firewall. you'll have to pull the little knee bolster/ footwell closeout to pull it out, but if you are small, you may be able to see it without pulling the closeout.. i'm 6'3" and 320 lbs, and i can get to it and have it out in less than 10 minutes. its easy. not a cheap piece, but its easy.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
from the driver's side its about 6 inches to the right of the gas pedal. its fitted in a little pocket on the firewall. you'll have to pull the little knee bolster/ footwell closeout to pull it out, but if you are small, you may be able to see it without pulling the closeout.. i'm 6'3" and 320 lbs, and i can get to it and have it out in less than 10 minutes. its easy. not a cheap piece, but its easy.
thanks man, ill take a look at it when i get home, what exactly am i looking for? ive only seen a little diagram of one, should just be a little box thats just an easy quick connect right?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah. its a little bit bigger than an old motorola pager the dope dealers used to have. you'll see a big vacuum motor for your A/C with a pink vacuum hose in the area too.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

98% chance your motor is bad. Sometimes they just stop working and crap out totally. How do you know its not?

If you hear a click from the module when you move the switch - that's an indication that its probably fine and your motor is a dud.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wssix99
98% chance your motor is bad. Sometimes they just stop working and crap out totally. How do you know its not?

If you hear a click from the module when you move the switch - that's an indication that its probably fine and your motor is a dud.
I know its not my motor, bought a new one, put it in, didnt do anything, so i thought maybe i had that bad of luck and got another dud, so exchanged that one for another, still nothing, so i know its not the motor.

Theres no clicking, no nothing.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam D.
Theres no clicking, no nothing.
OK, could be the module then. Did you test the motor connection and switch connections with a voltmeter?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Window Modulator?