Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone running a SUb off factory Monsoon???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone running a SUb off factory Monsoon???

Surely some of you have added an amp and sub to the factory system.

Where did you get your input wire from for the amp?
Did you run a line level converter?
What speaker wire did you use ?
Before or after the factory monsoon amp?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in the day I ran an MTX Thunderform (the one with the built in amp) that way - it had a line level input, so I got the signal from the sail panel speakers (after the Monsoon amp). I don't run it that way now (I replaced the Monsoon with a couple of aftermarket amps), but it certainly worked at the time.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Hmm thanks for the input. Stereo shoppe guy just said I shouldn't amplify an already amplified signal . Is he an idiot? Ibhave it wired this was right now and either my sub or amp are messed or the wiring isn't correct
Old 05-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had mine done by Best Buy and they did a fantastic job. You get the input signal via the inputs to the monsoon amp located on the rear inside panel on the passenger side by the spare tire. Do not get the signal at the output side! Has to be a pre amped input from the HU. You do not want to use a already amplified signal. Connect via the line level converter to the input side of the monsoon amp and no the guys not a idiot for telling you that...he's right.... Mine is sounding fantastic,unbelievable for a single 10" Type R. LOTS of bass! Also used a aftermarket gain control with the signal output on it also so I can adjust the amps gain and signal before I get a new HU later on.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for that reply! Going to change this right now. Going to try and figure out which color wires are the pre amp leads from the hu for the right rear speaker. Anyone decent with the wiring diagrams in the sticky ?