Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

subthump opinion? my barely used box is broke..

Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default subthump opinion? my barely used box is broke..

I called and left a voice mail waiting for a return call.. but basically i have a stealth box with a square cut for a kicker S10L7 with 800RMS pushed to it. anyways i'v put around 500 miles on the setup total in the past 6 months or year.. and the box front plate has separated from the box they use staples so i was like ok let's tap it and put some screws in it nope where the staples go in its cracked probably 75% around the box

hope these guys make it right i bought it new from them but it has almost no use.. of course this is going to happen with staples!! this isnt a flame just was wondering if anyone is having problems with one of there boxes

EDIT got ahold of steve up there said send some pictures.. he asked how much i was pushing because i said 800 at first (looked at my amp again its actually 600 matched to the sub) and that they build them all to handle so much power or they'd not make any money i would figure a $1xx steakth box could hold anything that could fit in it considering you cant fit that big of a sub in it

Last edited by Gun5; 06-09-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered a stealthbox from them and had fitment issues with it for my Firebird, you can search my name, there is a thread about it. I haven't put many miles on it, having an issue with the amp now, so far the box is holding up.
After talking with Steve over the phone and email several times, he finally agreed to take back the box and cut it down to fit.
While not the same issue as you, he seemed like he would work with me to keep his company's reputation good.

Good luck with your issue.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
I just ordered a stealthbox from them and had fitment issues with it for my Firebird, you can search my name, there is a thread about it. I haven't put many miles on it, having an issue with the amp now, so far the box is holding up.
After talking with Steve over the phone and email several times, he finally agreed to take back the box and cut it down to fit.
While not the same issue as you, he seemed like he would work with me to keep his company's reputation good.

Good luck with your issue.
ya mine had alright fitment i hope they make it right
Old 06-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's wild. I have never had issues with my boxes. I use 2 manufacturers for the mdf ones (one is deeper then the other) and they are made very well. I used to make them myself but have run into time issues with my other job and the 2 manufacturers I use make a quality box very similar to mine so it was a no brainer to start using them.
Subthump IMO had always made a quality box and I liked the design for deeper subwoofers, the opening just needed to be routed larger for those type of subs on that enclosure. They seem to be having issues lately though.
Even with staples being used, wood glue should have been between each seam. I use 1.25" brad nails in my amp racks but also use carpenters glue between each seam. It's a solid combination and will literally take pieces of wood off the other side if you try to pry them apart.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

staples is a no-no IMO for sub boxes
Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two boxes done from subthump. I have never had any issues with their stuff.

Majority of the fitting problems people are having is usualy due to molding, etc that wasn't removed before installing.

I did have a little stuff go wrong but it was due to shipping.

But overall, I can't think of a better built box.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: subthump opinion? my barely used box is broke..