Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Will LT1 Camaro Bose Speakers work in a LS1 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Will LT1 Camaro Bose Speakers work in a LS1 Camaro?

I just got all of the speakers out of a low milage LT1 parts car my uncle purchased and I would like to know if they will work in my LS1 Camaro? I clipped all of the pig tails on the parts car harness that hooked to the Bose speakers. The reason I want to change is that some of my speakers are blown, the LT1 speakers had a great sound to them and they were free.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Unfortunately, not without rewiring. Bose speakers are specific to Bose systems. They have individual amps attached to them and are designed for high-impedance low-level signal from the Bose head unit. LS1 f-bodies have ordinary Delco head units that produce speaker-level output. Also, Bose systems use a common ground wiring configuration but the Monsoon and base audio systems in LS1 models have floating ground.

You can buy an adapter that allows connecting a standard head unit to Bose speakers. It was intended for use when replacing a Bose head unit with an aftermarket one but it could be used to connect your LS1 HU to the Bose speakers if you run new wiring to the speakers (including a power wire to each one for the individual amps).
Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the bose head unit that came out of the car. If I pull the existing harness out of the LT1 car and put it in my car, it should work then, right?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 67SS&99SS
I have the bose head unit that came out of the car. If I pull the existing harness out of the LT1 car and put it in my car, it should work then, right?
I already planned on doing this (except into my 97 TA). It will work. You just need the entire Bose harness. It is an entirely separate harness from the main harness, but you'll have to tear it out (it's taped to it).

There is the harness that goes from the Bose amp/sub to the front door speakers. Then, you've got the harness that goes from the amp/sub to the sail panel subs. And then there's the power harness that goes from the radio to the amp/sub. And you need the Bose relay. If you have a parts car you can strip all this out of, then it's no problem. But it will take you a while.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spartan7
I already planned on doing this (except into my 97 TA). It will work. You just need the entire Bose harness. It is an entirely separate harness from the main harness, but you'll have to tear it out (it's taped to it).

There is the harness that goes from the Bose amp/sub to the front door speakers. Then, you've got the harness that goes from the amp/sub to the sail panel subs. And then there's the power harness that goes from the radio to the amp/sub. And you need the Bose relay. If you have a parts car you can strip all this out of, then it's no problem. But it will take you a while.
Okay, thanks for the info. I can pull the rest of the harness out of the car and reattach the pigtails to it.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone happen to know if just the '95-'96 Bose subwoofer would work with the rest of the Monsoon speakers?

Quick Reply: Will LT1 Camaro Bose Speakers work in a LS1 Camaro?