Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail panel speakers dont work. Help me please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail panel speakers dont work. Help me please.

Today I installed some cheap Kenwood speakers in my front doors. Made a world of a difference as both stock speakers were blown. Now I want my sails to work. I am unsure as to why they don't. I believe it to be a wiring problem. What I would like to do is somehow splice the wires in the hatch to the sail. How would I do that? Please give me detailed instructions or point me to a tutorial. I'm a total noob when it comes to car stereo stuff. Thanks for any help you might give me.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default ....

Bump! I have my stereo apart. I don't see how my speakers in the sail panel are powered. I don't have the monsoon system (the amp isn't by the spare). Is the amp somewhere else in 94 firebirds? I have 10 speakers total.

Last edited by Endersshadow; 06-14-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the 10 speaker the amp is behind the sail panel plastic on the passenger side. As for the rear speakers not working, do you have a different headunit? Did they work before? Why do you want to have full sound coming from the sail as opposed to the bass signal they are supposed to get?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by porksoda
If you have the 10 speaker the amp is behind the sail panel plastic on the passenger side. As for the rear speakers not working, do you have a different headunit? Did they work before? Why do you want to have full sound coming from the sail as opposed to the bass signal they are supposed to get?
They do not work at all. I want them to work as intended. I don't think they have ever worked since I bought the car. How in the hell do I get to the amp? I tried to just now but it seems like an assload of work.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

the pin pulls out from the little hanger thing at the top then the panel pulls forward. Anyway what about your headunit? stock?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

the pin pulls out from the little hanger thing at the top then the panel pulls forward. Anyway what about your headunit? stock?
It's not stock. It's a Pioneer headunit.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Did you install it? Did you use an adapter harness or was everything spliced?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you install it? Did you use an adapter harness or was everything spliced?
Somebody else installed it. I think he used a harness though. It's all taped up back there though.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Check and see if he hooked it up correctly. My car was hacked to hell from the previous owner. The pink wire in the back should be hooked up. That is what turns the amp off and on. Also check to see if he has the front speakers hooked directly to the headunit for power because that is the only way they would work without the amp working.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check and see if he hooked it up correctly. My car was hacked to hell from the previous owner. The pink wire in the back should be hooked up. That is what turns the amp off and on. Also check to see if he has the front speakers hooked directly to the headunit for power because that is the only way they would work without the amp working.
Ok...So the pink wire isn't hooked up. How do I go about hooking it up to the headunit?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

hook it up to the remote... from the back off the deck. 12v+
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

What? I'm a total noob at this. What do you mean hook it up to the remote?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

The blue wire without the white stripe I believe. It is one of the blue wires regardless on the back of the headunit. Either with or without the white stripe. Just see which turns the amp on.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks dude! I got it working. Now I have all 10 speakers working! wooo hooo! I was out there until 1am working on it. I had a cop stop at my house and asked me what the hell I was doing. I said I'm working on my stereo. He replied with "At 1am?". I said yes and asked if that was ok. He said it's fine. lol
Old 06-15-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

HAHA Good work. I just went through all this with my car recently after replacing the speakers in it. The previous owner had hacked up the stock harness so I got one from the junk yard and spliced it back in with a harness for the headunit. Sounds so much better now!