Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stealth box question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealth box question

Are the 98-02 stealth boxes interchangeable between trans am and camaro or are the spots to put them in the hatch different?
About to buy one and its says camaro but I have a T/A and don't want to get the wrong one.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pontiacs have a cubby hole about 1 in shallower than camaros. So a box for a firebird will fit in a camaro with no issues, but not vice versa. I ordered one from subthump and found out their boxes were designed off a camaro, I finally got it fixed after subthump made the modifications needed for my box. It will fit, just will look like crap with the plastic trim being pushed out.
Here is a link to my thread about it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...lth-box-t.html

I talked with kee audio and I believe kee audio's box will fit with no issues, but I do not know that from personal experience, just talked with them when I was trying to figure out why my subthump box wouldnt fit properly. And yes I did remove the carpet and no dynomat in that area (for those that swear pontiacs and chevy have the same size space).