Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Artist and song title scroll....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artist and song title scroll....

Is there a way to "delete" the artist and song title that constantly scrolls on my radio?, (short of covering the area with a piece of black electrical tape?)

I have an '08 Impala SS, factory radio, and the scrolling of the artist and title drives me bonkers!

This is the most annoying thing about my car.

Help anyone?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat
Is there a way to "delete" the artist and song title that constantly scrolls on my radio?, (short of covering the area with a piece of black electrical tape?)

I have an '08 Impala SS, factory radio, and the scrolling of the artist and title drives me bonkers!

This is the most annoying thing about my car.

Help anyone?
Do you have the user manual? Not trying to be condescending at all here, but if you can't figure it out from the ridiculously simple interface of the GM factory stereos, there probably isn't an option for it. Your only solution at this point is... A Kenwood Excelon screen in your dash. Those things are badass
Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by the.palmetto
Do you have the user manual? Not trying to be condescending at all here, but if you can't figure it out from the ridiculously simple interface of the GM factory stereos, there probably isn't an option for it. Your only solution at this point is... A Kenwood Excelon screen in your dash. Those things are badass
I've read the ridiculous "user manual" that came with the car, front to back, inside and out.

Nowhere in the manual is any kind of "instruction" to be able to "turn off" the artist and song scroll.

My brother thought that possibly there might be a way to "override" it with a computer scan tool, but don't know, hence the thread.