Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Vert with sub 'in' the back seat.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vert with sub 'in' the back seat.

After seeing Bakushan's convertible build, I realized I never posted any pics here of the on going build I'm doing.

While he's doing a show-car, I needed something a little more subtle. We were both stuck with the same problem of getting bass past the top area and into the cabin. I almost ditched the rear seat, but decided to try something a little different.

Here's my box that holds a JL 13TW5 sub (3rd gen, but principle is the same). The sub lacks a little bit on the upper end, but I've got some 6.5" W3's going in the doors.

What, you don't see it? Here's a better view:

It's a full fiberglass box in the shape of the stock seat. Cover slips back on with 1" foam and is still as comfortable as it ever was.

Double-din is done:

Starting on the door panels:

I've got a running build thread over at Fiberglass Forums, but you need to register to view. I tend to update my personal build thread after every major update:

http://www.ms-fbodies.com/jade_ta_4.htm

Kevin D.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

HAHAH!

That is Awesome! I thought about doing that before but didn't think it be strong enough for it. How's it sound?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
HAHAH!

That is Awesome! I thought about doing that before but didn't think it be strong enough for it. How's it sound?
Well the back is reinforced with MDF and glass and the front is made out of about 7 layers. It doesn't flex at all. The two halves are sealed together with a filler/resin milkshake mixture.

I'm still working on the rest of the system, but so far I like it. It's a whole lot more impressive inside the car (which is good) and the upper bass is limited (a side effect from the lack of excursion).

I think once I get everything finalized it's all going to jam. It's not like two 10's in the well of a hatch car, but it's better then two 10's in the well of a vert. Plus I still have all my trunk available.

Kevin D.

Last edited by shr00m-dew; 06-21-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Dude, that is some sweet setup. I have to ask, your close enought to me, how much to do one for me? Kudos

BTW-You a member of http://southernfbody.com/forum.php
Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Dude, that is some sweet setup. I have to ask, your close enought to me, how much to do one for me? Kudos
Probably a lot... I've learned a lot since doing it, but it's still a time consuming process. Time that I hardly have to do my own crap.

The sub itself retails for quite a bit, but you could go with 2 pioneer thin-mounts for about the same amount. You should have enough airspace.

Yup, saw you join a little bit ago. I'm going to try and make the make this weekend, assuming my trip to the drag strip goes ok Friday.

Kevin D.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Teching In

oo heyy!! u did what i wanted with ur CD dash screen what kinda u got ther??? i dont know where to find one like that
Old 06-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheN3wGuy
oo heyy!! u did what i wanted with ur CD dash screen what kinda u got ther??? i dont know where to find one like that
http://www.ms-fbodies.com/jade_ta_4.htm

Clickity, click click and read my freind.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Teching In

why thank u mwahah now im on a mission to get it

Quick Reply: Vert with sub 'in' the back seat.