Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

good coaxials for the sail panels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good coaxials for the sail panels?

i don't want to upgrade my sail panels to mid-bass or subs, i actually just want to put in some coaxials. does anyone know what size or which speakers would actually fit in those panels? thanks for the help.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i don't want to upgrade my sail panels to mid-bass or subs, i actually just want to put in some coaxials. does anyone know what size or which speakers would actually fit in those panels? thanks for the help.
Well its not a upgrade to put mid-bass in the sail panels since thats how they were factory... But there 6.5in openings so go with a 6.5in Coaxial if you want...
Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything aftermarket is an upgrade...as long as its not the flea market or walmart cheap coaxials. I'm running Oz Audio components in my sail panels but MB Quart, Alpine, Focal, JL, JBL, Kicker, Kenwood and Sony make some pretty good stuff not to mention Infinity and Boston
Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If you have a Monsoon system, coaxials will sound terrible in the sail panels unless you rewire. The Monsoon amp sends only low frequency signal to the sail panels for the factory subs. Coaxials won't work well with that kind of bass-only signal.

If you have the base 4-speaker audio system then coaxials will work fine.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can get you a nice deal on CDT, JBL, Alpine, Infinity, Boston, Pioneer, Clarion, MMATS, Kenwood, and many more.
I can get you a nice set of CDT ***-622 coaxials for $89.00 per pair shipped within the continental US. Very nice with 3/4" silk tweeters and 110watt power handling capability.
You would have to either run an aftermarket amp or pull the signal from the rear hatch area by extending the signal with some lengths of speaker wire. I can even include enough speaker wire to run that length if you want.