Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driver Window Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Window Help

So, my driver window stopped working completely. When I hit the switch there is a click coming from behind the radio. (I'm assuming from the express window switch) The window motor is less than 3 months old and worked fine until yesterday. Can the express window switch cause the window not to work at all or is it likely I have a bad motor? Also, the pass. window is working fine.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You are correct on the clicking. Your motor is probably a dud - happens all the time. Did you get a stock type motor? Its a 1970's design and all of them are rebuilt. You might have better luck if you go for a Doorman motor, which is 100% new.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it was the motor. Switched it out this morning. Only took about 45 minutes since I had just done it 3 months ago. I greased all the tracks really well so I hope this one lasts. I got an ACI motor, I didnt want to deal with all of the brackets on the Dorman. Plus the Auto Zones suck around here, guy actually asked me if my camaro had the 4 cyl or the 8.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

FYI - The Doorman fits exactly the same. You just throw away the extra brackets - they are for different cars.

Glad you got it fixed.