Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bulldog Security KE1702 Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bulldog Security KE1702 Remote Keyless Entry

I found it on at my samclub for $30. My car having problem with key hard to turn outside. some time it take me 5 min wiggly the key to open. Im thinking just buy a basic keyless entry, I call best buy and they have geeksquad keyless entry for 75 dollar include install, but they schelude me next week friday, I kinda need it now, any one know how to install Bulldog Security KE1702 Remote Keyless Entry ? thanks
Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/pdf/KE100_150_1702.pdf
Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Today I went to best buy and want to install arlarm, keyless entry, and remote starter, total was 260, then they call me and say it gonna cost me anther 80 dollar for labor, cause they have to do some rely on the lock window ??? I tell em hold on and dont install the system yet. Does this car have some kind special thing to do with power lock ? thanks ?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
Today I went to best buy and want to install arlarm, keyless entry, and remote starter, total was 260, then they call me and say it gonna cost me anther 80 dollar for labor, cause they have to do some rely on the lock window ??? I tell em hold on and dont install the system yet. Does this car have some kind special thing to do with power lock ? thanks ?
what brand alarm was it? are you sure they werent tralking about hte bypass for the remote start?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bobbyd
what brand alarm was it? are you sure they werent tralking about hte bypass for the remote start?
viper, they say something about the door lock only, they have to install something on the pcm ? or pcu ? something like that, I went to another best buy and they quote me same price but not include 80 buck, I ask em, to make sure they dont charger me any more at the end, they say no, so i guest I go with this best buy, Hope they keep the word and not charge me 80 buck more at the end.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

viper, they say something about the door lock only, they have to install something on the pcm ? or pcu ? something like that, I went to another best buy and they quote me same price but not include 80 buck, I ask em, to make sure they dont charger me any more at the end, they say no, so i guest I go with this best buy, Hope they keep the word and not charge me 80 buck more at the end.
damn nice price. i'm gonna have to check that out. good luck man hopefully they keep their word and honor it. keep us posted
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn nice price. i'm gonna have to check that out. good luck man hopefully they keep their word and honor it. keep us posted
wait, I miss understand, 75 dollar is just for labor ( I ask em today ), + what ever part you bring it. They have this 150 dollar arlarm and keyless entry include labor, but my old best buy charger me extra 80 buck for something else on door lock. the new best buy i went quote me 150 total no hidden charge. I bought a sony cd player for 100 buck with harness and dask kit.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

wait, I miss understand, 75 dollar is just for labor ( I ask em today ), + what ever part you bring it. They have this 150 dollar arlarm and keyless entry include labor, but my old best buy charger me extra 80 buck for something else on door lock. the new best buy i went quote me 150 total no hidden charge. I bought a sony cd player for 100 buck with harness and dask kit.
so its 75 labor and whatever alarm you buy or can you actually take your own alarm and they will install it?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

so its 75 labor and whatever alarm you buy or can you actually take your own alarm and they will install it?
yes ! i end up buy their viper arlarm,
Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes ! i end up buy their viper arlarm,
nice...thats what i would go with aswell cant never go wrong with a viper
Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks, I heard these viper have option that turn iphone into the remote. Need an app for that though.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:24 AM
Staging Lane

Im going the same route too
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by firebirdmo
Im going the same route too
keep update how it go for you. I have to wait until next wed for install, they want me to drop off the car on saturday ( my most busy work day ), I dont trust any body in their, they might take my car for spin, I dont know, but I choose wed cause I can stay their and watch they install it.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Set the rev limiter to 2k rmps if you have HP tuners LOL.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Set the rev limiter to 2k rmps if you have HP tuners LOL.
lol how u know i have HP tuner ? it already set by preview owner, my dash alway come up the light ( shift skip ). is that what you mean ?
Old 07-13-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

No, I believe Skip Shift is a factory option that forces you to go into 3rd gear I believe and once that's activated, the light comes on.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
No, I believe Skip Shift is a factory option that forces you to go into 3rd gear I believe and once that's activated, the light comes on.
what ? first gear 2.5k rpm and 3k rpm, shift skip light came on, and im ready to put on second gear, and they want me to put on third gear ?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update : I came to my appointment yesterday and no one was their to install the keyless entry and alarm, they tell me come tomorrow, so today I show up with a suprise, they guy say it gonna be 100 more on labor and take 6 hours to install the keyless entry, WTF I talk to em before i buy this kit, to make sure their is no extra cost, now they tell me that, man I was so mad, return the **** and go on with my life. one last thing, the guy was support install, he bitching about how long and how hard its to install on camaro.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update : I came to my appointment yesterday and no one was their to install the keyless entry and alarm, they tell me come tomorrow, so today I show up with a suprise, they guy say it gonna be 100 more on labor and take 6 hours to install the keyless entry, WTF I talk to em before i buy this kit, to make sure their is no extra cost, now they tell me that, man I was so mad, return the **** and go on with my life. one last thing, the guy was support install, he bitching about how long and how hard its to install on camaro.
go to a smaller shop or even a swap meet/flea market and ask around to see how much you can get it for.

the other day my neighbor got an alarm on his jetta and i asked the installer for a price on my camaro he said 300 installed no more no less. i made sure that he wouldn't give me the ohh you need a bypass (all they need is a resistor)
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

go to a smaller shop or even a swap meet/flea market and ask around to see how much you can get it for.

the other day my neighbor got an alarm on his jetta and i asked the installer for a price on my camaro he said 300 installed no more no less. i made sure that he wouldn't give me the ohh you need a bypass (all they need is a resistor)
the guy show me 2 black thing, and he say each will be on each lock and it cost 10 dollar for part but 60 dollar for install both. Imma ask around town.

Quick Reply: Bulldog Security KE1702 Remote Keyless Entry