Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

no cigarette lighter or power outlet after battery change

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no cigarette lighter or power outlet after battery change

the other day i went to start my car and all it did was click.. it was reading low volts and would power accessories in the car but would turn the engine over.. jumped it, ran fine.. turned off tried to start... nothing.. so i replaced the battery.. runs perfect now.. when i went to plug in my gps and radar, neither of them worked in the cig lighter or the power outlet. ive checked the fuses and they seem good.. any other reason why they wouldnt be working? thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check fuses under the hood too
Old 07-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

There are no related fuses under the hood that wouldn't have serious impact on other electrical systems besides the lighter. I would recheck the CIGAR/ACCY fuse (#7). Never rely on a visual inspection of a fuse - they can look fine even when blown. Always use a tester or replace with a known good fuse.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just thought it was weird that they both dont work. i had stuff plugged into both so i guess the draw of the current coulda blown the fuses. will be getting new fuses in the A.M. thanks for the help