Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine KTP power pack or monsoon amp

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine KTP power pack or monsoon amp

I just got my TA and i am wanting to upgrade my stereo (some of the stock speakers are blown) was thinking about going with alpine HU, alpine comps in the doors and alpine coax's in the sails and use the power pack to power them...eventually i will put a sub in the back. To do this i will have to bypass the monsoon amp completely. I was wondering if this would be worth it or just put some subs in the sails and run everything off the monsoon. (i would still be getting the alpine HU and comps.) Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

For TA audio best to visit Ian at www.Keeaudio.com He is a sponsor here and has packages already setup for our cars. There is a standard set and a premium set just depends on what you want to do. Myself I am getting the Premium and the new CDT subwoofer he has.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Default alpine set-up

After looking at different speakers (alpine, CDT, kicker, rockers, etc...) i decided to go with the alpines. Installing the front components was easy (alpine type S) The sails i went with alpine type S coaxs. This took some rewiring and splicing so that the tweeters would work. It sounds pretty good right now. I can tell the monsoon amp does not power them well. I will be saving up money so i can get the alpine deck with the power pack. I will probably take out the old wiring and put in new wiring when i put in the deck. If anyone is looking in to doing a similar set-up let me know and i will try to answer any questions you have. As far as my background goes i worked in electronics for six years in the air force and i have installed every stereo system that i have owned since i was 17.