Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

T-top box

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-top box

Has anyone built their own t-top box for two 10's or 12's that fits in the back? I don't really want a stealth box and am not looking to take my spare tire out so I was wondering if we had some dimensions or instructions on how to build one.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 PM

Why dont you just get a box like I have, its not the same thing but a better product for the same price. Here is a picture of mine, I got 2 12"s in a custom carpeted box. But the stereo shop did have to take my t-top holders out for my amp to fit.
top-

under-

Here's a link to some I found on google.-
http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...bird-1993-2002
Any other questions?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

I had a shop make me a box for two 12's with 1.5 cu. ft. per sub and ported. Here's some pics:

This is right after it got put in and installing the rest of the equipment.
I also had my ttop holders taken out to fit it in there, and this box was a very tight fit.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have something similar already. It's not as deep, but I was wanting to be able to store my t-tops back there like the ones off sub thump dot com. I don't think it would be too hard... I was just wondering if there was anything specific I should do. I know I'll have to take out the t-top holders that are currently in there and am planning on putting a towel or something between the t-tops when I store them back there. Just didn't want to spend $270 on a box when I could build it myself and have the satisfaction of saying I did it.