Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power lumbar seats in a non-power lumbar Trans Am?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power lumbar seats in a non-power lumbar Trans Am?

Need help asap please. I bought a rolling chassis 02 Trans Am, and the seller also sold me some ebony leather seats that have power lumbar. I assumed they were the seats that came with the car, but I guess not because the connections on the seats dont match up with the connections on the car. The seats do look like 98-02 seats, but the connections are different. Is there a way to make this work? I need to at least get the seat bolted on but cant because its moved all the way up. What do you guys think? Any way to temporarily give the seat power so I can move it back? Or is there an adapter harness?

Last edited by Jimmy P; 08-03-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. 12V to the orange wire and ground to the black wire will give the seat power to move.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have the airlines going from drivers to passenger side of the car? Those need to be used with the seats and it sounds like you are missing them.

all TA's came with the lumbar seats, so they should be bolt in, but I bet that harness is missing.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Power lumbar seats in a non-power lumbar Trans Am?