Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Input questions

Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input questions

Well this question seems pretty simple, there are instances where on the surface it seems like it would work, in practice it fails epically (for an unrelated example: A coax cable single in, multiple out, if you screw it into an out the unit works, just very very badly)
So having a look at the 'flagship' Pioneer Unit, AVIC-Z120BT (questions should apply to many other HUs as well), what if you were to attach a small passive USB hub to the rear USB? So you could have an iPod cable connected, a USB extension cable connected (for flash drives), or other misc USB connections that might somehow contain music?

Or on a similar note, you plugged in a head phone splitter into the rear 3.5mm aux. audio jack for two different source ins?
**Something to note on all of this, I'm not asking would it work at the same time, I know you would have to be completely isolating on what is plugged into that channel**
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

I'm guessing what you’re going for is to have the hub behind the deck and then run the various cables for your devices up front for easy access? If that is the case wouldn’t it be easier to just run an extension up too say, your armrest then you can just plug in whatever cable or device you need.

Last edited by barkerpa3466; 08-04-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I was just hoping I could have all these hook ups just 'there' already hooked up and all I need to do is plug a source into them

Search this Thread