Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speakers in kick panels and doors or just do one???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Speakers in kick panels and doors or just do one???

So I picked up a pair of q-logic kick panels and will be installing a pair of Boston Acoustics 6.5" S60 Components that are already in the door. Now my question is should I pick up a second pair to put in the kick panels or just use the ones in the door? If I have both speakers in the door and in the kicks is it going to cancel each other out and sq wont be as good? Not sure which way to go here I can get another pair cheap if thats going to be better for me, but just wanted some expert advice. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have that setup different speakers though its really loud, they don't cancel each other out. You and whatever passenger will always be kicking the panels though it gets really aggravating, and you're going to have to get used to not have that rest plate for your left foot.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depending on which amp you use, you could also get more power out of that setup by wiring them in parallel (same channel, but they're 4 inches away from each other so big deal right?) and dropping the two 4ohm speakers down to a 2ohm load. --should work with the stock monsoon amp as well, since the stop speakers are a 2ohm load--
Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackedOut LS1
I have that setup different speakers though its really loud, they don't cancel each other out. You and whatever passenger will always be kicking the panels though it gets really aggravating, and you're going to have to get used to not have that rest plate for your left foot.

Ya I just realized about the rest plate for ya foot that sucks, going to have to get used to that I guess lol.....ya about running in parallel thats what I was planning on doing with a rockford fosgate punch 4080 so thats a good idea