Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electrical help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical help

I have a 1999 Formula. The radio will stop playing music but it's still getting power, I can eject the CD and check the time but no music. While this is happening the windows wont roll down or up. Everything else works. This happens randumly, then radio will start working and the music will play and the windows will roll down or up. Please advise...! oh one more thing its the factory monsoon cd player thanks!
Old 08-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Teching In

Interesting problem. I have never had such myself, but by chance was reading another thread earlier today that sounds as if it may be related. The link is:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...blems-fix.html

Don't know if thats what your problem is, but it sounds quick and easy enough to check. Hopefully someone with more electrical know how will give you a better idea. Good Luck.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nate0031
Interesting problem. I have never had such myself, but by chance was reading another thread earlier today that sounds as if it may be related. The link is:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...blems-fix.html

Don't know if thats what your problem is, but it sounds quick and easy enough to check. Hopefully someone with more electrical know how will give you a better idea. Good Luck.
you're correct it does sound like the Body Control Module, give the fix a shot it's pretty quick and easy, if I had to put money on what I thought it was Id say thats what it was, good luck!