Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

planning for in dash touch screen setup for my 2001 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default planning for in dash touch screen setup for my 2001 T/A

Hi guys , I'm a newbie in this section and especially in electronics , I'm planning for kenwood navigation multimedia touch screen setup and fit same as OEM and clean setup , I duuno what to do ? and where to buy ? , its good to post pictures

I appreciate all your posts and thanks in advance
Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

6littereaterdesigns for the radio double din bezel. That will give you the clean install you are looking for.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You could modify the stock bezel really easy, looks clean and almost factory.

I used a dremel to cut the bezel where needed, then some 1cmx1cm wood with an epoxy(JB weld?) to fill in between the HU and the stock bezel, then bondo smeared in there, then sand the whole thing down with 60, repeat the bondo if needed, then move up to 180, then finally like a 300-400 grit sand paper, get some interior vinyl cloth spray paint and put enough coats on (I did 4) until you feel its the right color.

I don't have pics of the finished product yet (just got done crusing with it, finished it today) but here is the bezel cut, without bondo or finishing. with the Pioneer DD HU