Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dont know what its called..question about the exit power delay module...loosing power

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Dont know what its called..question about the exit power delay module...loosing power

I would search it but I dont know what its called...I am having an issue with what I believe is the "exit delay power module". I have no idea what its called...but its what ever keeps power to the radio and window switches on after the ignition is turned off until a door is open. I loose power at anytime going down the road to the radio and windows. I can turn the ignition off and turn it back on and it will work fine...and sometimes it will just come back on its on. It only effects the stuff with delayed power so I believe its in that module or relay or whatever. Where is it at? I have a parts car I can swap pieces from but I have no idea where it is or what it looks like.

Its not controlled by the BCM is it? If so will replacing it effect the keyless entry?

Any help as to where to look or start would be most appreciated!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It's called Retained Accessory Power (RAP) and it is controlled by the BCM. However, it's not necessary to replace the BCM - it can be repaired. The details are in this thread.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
It's called Retained Accessory Power (RAP) and it is controlled by the BCM. However, it's not necessary to replace the BCM - it can be repaired. The details are in this thread.
THANKS...took the BCM out and it looks like thats my problem....you got to love TECH!!!