Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon + amp/sub

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monsoon + amp/sub

Hi all, I tried searching, didnt find exactly.... so quick question!

I have a 99 T/A with factory Monsoon.... adding a sub and amp, I'm assuming the stock deck does not have RCA out's on it.... right? - ( I don't want to use line converter off speakers, as I understand that degrades quality a lot ) - any other way, other than adding a different deck?

Thanks!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wanting to know this too
Old 10-10-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

you pretty much have to use a LOC and its not gonna degrade the signal. other then a headunit its the only way. with that said either tap signal at headunit or before the amp at the amp not at the actual speaker
Old 10-11-2010, 12:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking to use a LOC and are concerned about the quility you might consider a MTX RE-Q
http://www.reqsound.com/
These are sound processors that work realtime to restore the bass signal that is lost in factory headunits at higher volumes and will do the Line out Conversion while they are at it. If you want the best possible sound while using your factor headunit, these are the way to go.

http://www.sparksai.com/product-p/re-q.htm
Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

It may just be easier to get an aftermarket deck , speakers , and sub .Keep the factory amp though because I've heard through the grape vine that is the best set up . Although I don't know where you would get the adapter for the steering wheel control