Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Is $259 for this unrealistic

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is $259 for this unrealistic

double din

So I had this on ebay and it sold for $250, now this douche pulled out and I'm asking for that here. Is $250 unrealistic? I bought this for like $550 a couple of years ago and new it goes about the same.

Sorry for the vent, thanks for the honest feedback!

Last edited by nebur8; 09-30-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I meant $250, not $259
Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its a fair deal.. looks to be in good condition.. try listing again maybe if it doesn't sell on here.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds fair long as everything works, but being several years old people would rather have something 'newer' which could be why it's difficult. Try listing it locally on craigslist?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Launching!

yeah everything works correctly. I guess maybe it is the age, but there isn't many double dins you can buy for $250 even used...it has video in, ipod support, blah blah.

Thanks for the opinion guys!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's nothing wrong with pulling out but that seems like a great price especially for a double din touch screen and it looks like it's in great shape.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats decent, but no steal. Its a Panasonic, so thats a huge thing right there. The only good double dins are almost all made by Pioneer or Alpine.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by squee
Thats decent, but no steal. Its a Panasonic, so thats a huge thing right there. The only good double dins are almost all made by Pioneer or Alpine.
I can't say I disagree with you, Panasonic is definitely not an out there brand. But, to say almost all only good double dins are made by alpine and pioneer is a sweeping statement. They are more mainstream to say the least like you can find them at best buy, etc. However, I believe Eclipse and Kenwood also make very nice double dins.

Arguably one of the best sounding double dins by a some car audio guys is a Panasonic: bottle head

Denon headunits and Mcintosh amps are awesome, but their also not very mainstream. I would take a Mcintosh over an mtx, jl audio, alpine amp any day. (just not in the budget)
Old 10-01-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nebur8
I can't say I disagree with you, Panasonic is definitely not an out there brand. But, to say almost all only good double dins are made by alpine and pioneer is a sweeping statement. They are more mainstream to say the least like you can find them at best buy, etc. However, I believe Eclipse and Kenwood also make very nice double dins.

Arguably one of the best sounding double dins by a some car audio guys is a Panasonic: bottle head

Denon headunits and Mcintosh amps are awesome, but their also not very mainstream. I would take a Mcintosh over an mtx, jl audio, alpine amp any day. (just not in the budget)
While I agree, Eclipse and Kenwood make some nice headunits as well, if I remember right, Eclipse only has one double din they currently make, and while Kenwoods are nice, I've never heard one that even held a candle to a nice Alpine with Imprint. Like I said, Pioneer and Alpine make MOST of the nice double dins available. I never said they were the only nice ones. Pioneer alone has 7 or 8 current models, if not more...
Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Alpine and Pioneer make MOST of the double din headunits out there in general. So yeah can't argue with you on the MOST part.

Comparing Kenwood against an Alpine with imprint really isn't fair because we are comparing headunits, not sound processors, etc. (I will say that kenwood definitely doesn't have the sound processor add-ons that alpine offers) Additionally, imprint is a either love it or hate it for some people.

I like my alpine 9887 but at the same time I like how some of the older higher end pioneer model sound. Not a big fan of the newer pioneer's looks but that is completely subjective.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

All that either/or, this/that, good this/bad that, yada yada bullshit is why I'm just gonna go with a touchscreen carputer with a custom front end and good sound car and audio processor.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by squee
All that either/or, this/that, good this/bad that, yada yada bullshit is why I'm just gonna go with a touchscreen carputer with a custom front end and good sound car and audio processor.
Can't beat that for customization and sound processing. you can get some awesome sound processing cards. The only difficult part is hacking up the bezel to make all that stuff fit.

Good luck with that! You have to post pics when it's all said and done.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nebur8
Can't beat that for customization and sound processing. you can get some awesome sound processing cards. The only difficult part is hacking up the bezel to make all that stuff fit.

Good luck with that! You have to post pics when it's all said and done.
I'm not really worried bout that to be honest. I'm going to swap to a Firebird dash, and then go with a 10.4" touch screen and custom make a bezel, so no worries. And, I definitely will!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does this have the hookup for the PAC steering wheel controls?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by N20zuki
does this have the hookup for the PAC steering wheel controls?
I would waste your time on the steering wheel controls,I had it hooked up like that in my truck and it stopped working in a month.