Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Amp Bypass Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon Amp Bypass Question

I am completely overhauling the stock amp and speakers. I have a 4channel amp that will be running the front and sail speakers. Well I decided to run the rear hatch speakers off the aftermarket headunit I have which is a Sony Xplod. The stereo has 52W X 4 and the pioneer speakers I put in have 25 rms so I thought the power would be more than enough to run them off the headunit. So I bypassed the wiring for these speakers only from the stock amp connecter (Please note the stock amp has no part in this system any longer I am not leaving it attached or in the car) thus making it easier on me because now I dont have to run new wires directly from the headunit to the speakers because Im just using the stock wiring but cut out the amp part by reconnecting the wires. The problem is when I did this and played music the speakers sound really dull. They have lost ALOT of volume Id say half the power. I have to turn the radio up really high, than I did before. Weird thing is the vocals are very faint and have a strange echo to them. Any body know what I did to make it this bad? Cus now im wondering if the headunit can handle the speakers or if the wiring is not wired right or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Teching In

What car is this for?
Old 12-19-2010, 12:08 AM

99 camaro monsoon system
Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 AM
12 Second Club

wires could be to small for your new set up.

Quick Reply: Monsoon Amp Bypass Question