Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speakers location???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speakers location???

So i have questions about speakers in the 94 camaro z28 i got it had a factory bose system, where are they speakers other than the front ones in the door. there are the covers in the back seat i popped them open and nothing in there no speakers or wires???? and then i found 1 in the trunk with the bose amp i asume and speaker in it , is there another in the trunk or any where else and how would i remove the bose amp cause i think its blown the speaker from there sounds like **** and it has a pioneer cd player
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The Camaro Bose system came in 3-speaker and 5-speaker configurations. It appears you have the 3-speaker configuration. The original head unit is a system-specific design that produces low-level, high-impedance signal for the separate amps attached to each speaker. Replacing the head unit without using the proper adapter (such as a PAC OEM-1) will result in lousy sound as you describe.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

so how i fix it
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

how do i remove the speakers amps from bose