Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PLEASE HELP, Speakers stopped working, along with power antenna, only treble in trunk

Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PLEASE HELP, Speakers stopped working, along with power antenna, only treble in trunk

SO, Im having a bit of a panic attack because my new subs and head unit are on the way, BUT I was fiddling around with the power antenna wire (pink in spare well) and now my speakers stopped working except for the ones in the trunk, only putting out treble though, the antenna stopped working as well.

Ive heard that people have problems like this with the stock monsoon system, but i believe something shorted somewhere or the amp died. Someone please help me, I was going to install the radio and subs and after market amp tomorrow. Do you think if I hook up the new amp it will be fine and speakers will work again properly?

If anyone knows this specific problem, can give advice or can help me I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You really should check fuses when you lose power - it can save a lot of panic attacks. The RADIO ACCY fuse (#4) protects the Monsoon amp, power antenna, and optional CD changer. Since Firebirds use the Monsoon amp to power all speakers except the tweeters (which run directly off the head unit), you would have only treble left.

Search this Thread