Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon system speaker covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon system speaker covers

I have a 98' Camaro with the Monsoon system in it. The speaker covers rattle bad when the bass is turned up, the speakers are good because you just barely press on the cover and the rattling stops. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get the covers to stop rattling. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

maybe a little piece of some kind of spongy thing ( sorry I cant think of the name right now lol) between the speaker and the cover , so it would stop the covers from vibrating ?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The speakers are bad. They typically tear at the speaker suspension. When you are pressing on the grill, its probably touching the suspension (the paper/foam around the top of the cone) so it doesn't rattle.

If you take the speaker out, take off the fabric cover and gently press in the cone, you will probably find a suspension tear.

A better way to test would be to take the covers off and see if the rattling still happens.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

when i put in new sail panel subwoofers i used that blue gummy stuff i think it's called poster putty, idk if it'll work on the covers but it's worth a shot, i mean it's only like two bucks
Old 03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes the speaker covers are cheap plastic and make a lot of noise. I put a small amount of clear silicone like you use on windshields it dries like a rubbery substance and has helped mine. It's just the plastic to plastic noise you hear. My sail panels are Ed 7Kv and create a lot of vibration. The more vibration the more rattle.

Quick Reply: Monsoon system speaker covers