Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail speaker wires are not marked + or -

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Sail speaker wires are not marked + or -

I took my rear seat passenger side sub out tonite. With the speaker facing down and the magnet on top the wire on the left is red and the wire on the right is black. Is the red positive and the black is negative?

If so, this would be the opposite of the Bazooka's I want to install. They actually have the terminals marked where as the OEM's are not. They have the - on the left and the + on the right.

I am going to use the OEM wire harness and just unsolder them and resolder to the new speakers. I need to switch them around right? TIA.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, red is positive and black is negative. Left and right have no bearing on polarity as different manufacturers will design their speakers with the terminals in whatever position suits them. Just connect the OEM harnesses so that the red wires go to the terminal marked + and the black wires go to the terminal marked -.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great. Glad I asked. I did search the sticky about wiring but could not find any reference at the speaker that matched my colors. Thanks Dude!