Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Koiiler Amp??

Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Koiiler Amp??

Has anybody used these to power your subs? I have been trying to find info online and cant find much. I found a few threads on random audio forums where people are saying the company is crap. I dont really care if its a uknown company as long as the amp hits the subs good and lasts long ill be happy. A few people said the amps were decent...and a few said they were crap. Someone comapred koiiler apms to sony, boss etc. I have owned a sony before and the amp worked pretty good.

feedback appreciated
Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've read, it is junk.
I have access to alot of car audio products from Sony, Pyle, Legacy, Pyramid, Boss and several others. You really have to be careful when picking stuff.
Sony head units are pretty good but I would never use their speakers, amps or subs. There are a couple of units from Pyle I've used in the past that were ok. Again...most of their subs, amps and speakers are not good. You can use certain things from certain companies on a budget and be ok.
I've read some things about them and I would stay away from that company. Apparently it worked fine for about a year before the solder melted on the board and ruined the amp.
I wouldn't waste your money on something like that. There are several inexpensive amps that are ok and will still be around after a year. That isn't one of them. Neither is most of the amps Sony makes. The type of companies that say the amp is "1000watts" and then it has 1 15-20 amp fuse or is 100watts RMS but 1000watts Peak...those are generally ones to stay away from. Koiiler specs a 600watt Peak amp as having 260watts RMS. That's not a good sign. You can also only bridge them at 4ohms...also not a good sign.
Shoot me an email ( keeaudio@bellsouth.net ) and I would be happy to help you get a decent amp in your price range that will still be around a year from now. Just let me know what your going to running with it and a budget you'd like to stick to. I can help you!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Koiiler Amp??