Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Any guess as to how this will sound?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any guess as to how this will sound?

This weekend I am installing in the bird, a Kicker L7 10" in a Sub Thump driver side stealth box and a Kicker ZX500.1 Mono Amp.

I have upgraded the sail subs to Kicker CVT's earlier, and other than a USA Spec Ipod interface I am stock for the rest of the audio.

I honestly have no idea the level of bass output my setup is going to put out.

I think I may have went a little overboard on the amp and sub, but I wanted quality stuff so I can tune as much distortion out of the factory speakers and sail subs.

You guys think I will be fairly happy with my setup for now? I listen to mostly rock music, no rap or anything with super booming bass.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

The added 10" should more than fulfill your needs for a good rock eq.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Launching!

As I suspected, too much bass for the rest of the factory system. I have the gain on 1/4 and the bass still overpowers the music even with the volume barely up on the radio. The factory EQ is nice to be able to make quick adjustments and fine tuning for different types of music.
I can not believe how loud the bass hits inside the car and outside you can barely hear it. The F-body acousicts are very good IMHO. Nice to have that hatch back there.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Do you have a separate sub controller? I'm not an audio expert, but considering adding a sub like you and it seems to be you should be able to dial the sub anywhere from full down to zero - no?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xl1200r
Do you have a separate sub controller? I'm not an audio expert, but considering adding a sub like you and it seems to be you should be able to dial the sub anywhere from full down to zero - no?
I do, the Kicker Amps have a remote bass ***. The Trans Am head unit also has a graphic EQ that is actually useful for fine tuning.