Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electrical/AC issue...PLEASE HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical/AC issue...PLEASE HELP.

Hey everyone, so here's the deal...bought a 98Z with a blown motor, swapped in an LQ4 and swapped the auto for an M6. Obviously during the course of doing this, we disconnected many things, so there is a possibiity something isn't hooked up right, but nothing I can think of. Here's where it gets a little more complicated. Didn't know it at the time, but the key won't start the car. You can turn it to "On", and "Start", but there's no resistance and it doesn't start. So, we wired up a switch to start it, that works fine. The things that DON'T work are as follows: trunk release button, radio backlight, rear defrost (button won't even light up), and most importantly, the blower won't come on, and the a/c compressor doesn't kick on. I don't know if whatever is wrong with the ignition cylinder also controls some of these things, but everything else is working fine.

Now, I know that some of these may be coincidence, but as my friend mentioned to me tonight, someone on here might see all these things and know WAY more about the electrical systems in these cars and know what the problem is. Please help...I live in NC...I'm going to need A/C soon

I posted this in the General Forum, but it doesn't seem to get many looks, so maybe this is the better place for it. Thanks guys!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Teching In

nothing?? No one has any ideas? I know some of the things might be coincidental, so even if you leave out a thing or two because it doesn't seem to fit, I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Teching In

hellooooooooo?