Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

help help!!! window wont go up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help help!!! window wont go up!!!

ok so put a new motor in just 2 weeks ago and im in the middle of a trip to texas and my window wont go up!!! is there a way to get it up bypass orr sumthing? direct power.......
Old 03-26-2011, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Lift up on the window as you push the window up button to get it to return up for this time. As a permanent fix, check the wires as well as the internal fuse mechanism inside the motor. If you have horrible luck, you might have burned it out - but you may figure out how to ghetto rig it for a quick fix
Old 03-26-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was stuck in the same situation for a while. My window motor just gave out or something while the window was all the way down and I could not get it up. REALLY sucked as this was in like December...cold as ****.

The temporary fix? Bang on the door while you hold up the window switch. Specifically in the door handle area (not like the lever but the support that you use to pull the door closed). My friend told me to try it and my jaw dropped as I watched the window rise up. I didn't take any chances though, I left it up until I got a new motor lol.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

as these are good ideas and tried them... its a 2 week old motor im almost sure its a switch problem... supply direct power to motor?
Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If you didn't put in a doorman motor, this is a common thing. Its probably a dud reman motor. Time to put a new new one in.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
If you didn't put in a doorman motor, this is a common thing. Its probably a dud reman motor. Time to put a new new one in.
autozone!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by Reno's2fastestfbodys
autozone!!!
I've bought three dud motors from Autozone in the past. They sell good Dorman motors and crap rebuild ones. Which model did you get? Did you get the cheap one???
Old 03-29-2011, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
I've bought three dud motors from Autozone in the past. They sell good Dorman motors and crap rebuild ones. Which model did you get? Did you get the cheap one???
I dont know. lol
Old 03-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Save the manuals!

One of two things most likely happened:
- You got a rebuilt motor, which included a bad/old thermal cutoff switch. (This is the part of the motor that is failing on you. BTW - Its going to get worse very quickly until the motor won't work at all.)
- You got a box with someone's old motor in it. People will buy a new motor and then take their old one back, saying they didn't need it, etc. and get their money back. (Sometimes its hard to tell if a motor is used or not.)

I've had both of the above happen to me.

If you take your motor back to Autozone and get a refund, make sure you get a Dorman design from them as a replacement. They are 100% new motors and are better sealed than the old design. Guaranteed you'll be happy after you do that.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

thank you and ls1tech!!!!

Quick Reply: help help!!! window wont go up!!!