Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new cd player, speakers not working properly.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new cd player, speakers not working properly.

Hey guys I bought a Pioneer MVH-p8200, I replaced it because the factory cd player wasnt working and the speakers were crackling..Now the speakers by the rear seats dont work. I got all the wires from the Pioneer harness hooked up, but there is a orange wire and a orange with white line on it for the adapter harness that isnt used.. Any ideas? Im still using the factory amp, and it has diamond audio and infinity speakers (guessing it doesnt really matter).
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Did you use a harness adapter or did you just butcher and splice the wires? The orange and orange with white wires are for lights on and dash dimmer. Most head units will use one or the other although a few use both to control display illumination.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Launching!

I have a harness adapter
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Then there shouldn't have been any leftover wires. The HU orange wire goes to the harness adapter orange wire which goes to the factory gray wire for variable voltage from the dimmer switch. The HU orange with white wire goes to the adapter harness orange with white wire which goes to the factory brown wire for on/off trigger voltage when the parking lights are on.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Launching!

That's the problem..my pioneer\HU harness doesn't have orange wires
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Either way though that shouldn't be having an effect on why my speakers aren't working right
Old 03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Did you buy it used? The installation manual shows an orange with white wire on that model.

Were the sail panel speakers working before or did you replace the speakers at the same time as installing the head unit? You are aware that the factory amp sends only low-pass filtered signal to the sail panels so anything other than a sub there will sound like crap if it works at all.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Launching!

The speakers were installed before I bought the car, and the pioneer is new. All the speakers were working prior to hu install. They just crackled a lot. Now the speakers working sound great.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Anyone else have any input? Any other ideas would be great!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Teching In

To me it sounds like the rear speakers are hounded out check for continuity between ground and both positive and negative rear speaker wires. The colors on your harness are purple / purple black and green / green black. Factory radios deal with this problem better than aftermarket, a pioneer hu shuts down the internal amp when this happens. If you need not help just pm me car audio is what I do for a living I would be glad to help
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gooseit1983
To me it sounds like the rear speakers are hounded out check for continuity between ground and both positive and negative rear speaker wires. The colors on your harness are purple / purple black and green / green black. Factory radios deal with this problem better than aftermarket, a pioneer hu shuts down the internal amp when this happens. If you need not help just pm me car audio is what I do for a living I would be glad to help
I played around with it today a little bit. I think it has something to do with the factory amp. With the factory radio all the speakers worked. Now the front speakers arent as loud as they should be, the rear 4" speakers are probably putting out 70% of the sound right now. I unplugged the factory amp, and found the amp is dented up, my car has a prior salvage title. I plugged the amp back in and all the speakers were crackling for 3 or 4 minutes then the crackling cleared up. I think I might have to think about bypassing the amp
Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Is it a monsoon or a bose if it is a bose good luck if it is a monsoon it is petty easy.if it is a six speaker setup buy bypassing the amp you will have to have some kind of amp for at least 2 speakers your radio can only power four four ohm speakers and wiring two together will drop the impedance to two ohms good luck
Old 04-10-2011, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same type of probl and am still trying to battle through it..
Old 04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well 2 things,,, either run new wires strait to the speakers from the deck,, best way to eliminate the amp if you think its damaged. Or could be just blown speakers acting up, buy new ones,, and hook them up correct for a monsoon system (read the sticky),, chances are your speakers are wired in wrong with the stock amp.

Quick Reply: new cd player, speakers not working properly.