Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Head light flicker Setting low voltage codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head light flicker Setting low voltage codes

1998 pontiac trans am 4l60e. Having some sort of electrical problem.The car when driving at night the headlights flicker about every 20-30 sec. if you blink you miss them. All the lights do as a matter of fact. Ive been through this car .When I bought it the TCS wouldnt come on no light on the switch. I cleaned the grounds and it came on. The alt reads 13.3-13.8 voltage. Ive been on test drives tried radio on,off tcs on, off. happens at idle too. ITs not the fans turning on either.It runs very rich so it smells but gets good very good epa better than normal, By a few miles. Within the last day ive had these codes P0457 , p0327 , p0302 . Ive changed the plugs and wires recently And double checked to see if a spot was arking but nothing also im not runing any aftermarket electronics.Ill probably put in a new knock sensor just for kicks today but somthing tells me it wont fix my problem. Im exp with electricial but not so much ls1 so a point in the right direction or where a good place to look for shorts or easy ways to isolate my problem. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fixed my own problem but did a few things then put back on the batt so. Its one or the other. Head light switch , Headlight control unit , and cleaned + to fuse box. P.S. my problem did get worse lights started shutting on their own.Alls good now. I really think it was the headlight switch but had the parts so I put them on.

Quick Reply: Head light flicker Setting low voltage codes