Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help, power windows and radio not working after fast window fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help, power windows and radio not working after fast window fix

I had an issue with the fast window fix where it would go down on its own as soon as i turned the car on, so i checked the wires and i think i had the wrong brown wire. i fixed that and everything seeemd ok except i don't think i could roll down the pass window. i think one of the connectors came out, well i fixed that but before i did, the windows and radio stopped working and now i can't figure out why. the radio and window fuses were not blown i don't think but i replaced them just to be sure. i don't have a BCM since its a 95 so the things i'm reading online about intermittant BCM issues causing this don't apply to me.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

the RAP module is still semi functioning since the power locks will turn off after you lock the doors with the keyless remote. i sat in the car and locked teh doors with the remote and a minute or 2 later i heard a click under the dash and the lock buttons and mirror buttons were disabled.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 AM
TECH Junkie

FWIW, it was the RAP module, caused by me hooking up the wrong brown wire which apparently was a ground and i shorted out the module (well part of it) oh well, $100 in diagnostics/repairs and a $20 module. at least i got the $40 window fix kit for free, lol. It does definately speed up the passenger side window, and the drivers side too.