Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CDT Up Stage

Old 04-09-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDT Up Stage

Was browsing around CDT's website and came across a upstage products. I was looking at the UP-5100i kit enhanced upstage imaging kit. They say that it works with your already installed compnent speakers and cross overs. I was wondering if anyone has used it or have heard them in a car?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done several and if I can find the Car Audio review of it I will get you a link. It brings the sound stage up off the floor and brings it across the dash. It is a really cool thing to hear. It's also a really easy thing to wire up and add to an existing system. I can get you a great deal on the UP-5100i.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM me what you can do on the UP-5100i. Another thing is that I'm loving the CDT components I installed a couple of days ago and looking to finish off the car. I'm going to go with the HD-1000cf 10" sub in a stealth box and wondering what I should do about sail speakers if anything, right now there stock. I already got rid of the hatch speakers and to me sounds much better without them.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One good sounding option for the sails is to go with a full range coaxial for fill. The reason I say this is because since you have pulled your rear hatch signal you could use that signal by extending from the hatch to the sails with a little speaker wire and have full range from that location. Bass duties would then be handled by the 10" sub in the rear.
Another option is to use a midbass driver to use as a bridge between the low end bass and midbass. The CDT midbass have a broad frequency range that willl handle as low as 50hz but will also go up to 5000-6000hz which is midrange territory thus making them a nice buffer without taking away from the front stage but offering good fill from the rear.

Search this Thread