Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Some advice needed for audio on a 99TA

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice needed for audio on a 99TA

So I blew out my sails, and I've been trying to decide what to do about it. I could just replace them, but I'm planning on going with a package deal from Kee sooner or later.

I do have a stealth box that I managed to pickup for free, so I'm wondering if it might be better just to load it up with a sub and leave the sails mia for now. If I go this route, I am a total noob when it comes to audio, so anyone have some suggestions on sub/amp setup? I'm looking for specific product recommendations and general spec recommendations if anyone has some.

I'm still running the 100% stock monsoon setup (with two dead sails of course)
Old 04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really it depends on what you want to spend.
One of the bang for the buck subs I use alot are from JBL with a small JBL 300watt RMS amp. That combo runs for $209.99 and will hit pretty hard for a budget system. Getting the enclosure for free was a good start. What kind is it?
Old 04-17-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well im not sure if its possible to run (in line rca converters) off the stock sub wires (not sure if they are properly filtered for a large 12" sub (im guessing no)... but if your keeping the monsoon deck youll need to run a rca converter somewere. If it was me id get some alpine type r's or kickers,, they are very affordable on ebay... a type r has got to be better then a buget JBL sub... unless your looking into their higher end lines, just saying dollor for dollor. As for an amp,, thats up to you.
Show me this 209 combo deal for sub and a amp??