Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

audiopipe TSVR6??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default audiopipe TSVR6??

my stock subs are blown in my 02 ws6. and i can not deal with it. I needed a temporary fix. found these tsvr6's cheap! but 1 site says they are 6.5", and another says 6". does any1 know for sure?

thanks in advance,
Bruce
Old 04-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Check with Kee Audio (a sponsor here). He sells Audiopipe and could give you the definitive answer... along with a good price and great service.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, i have heard good things about him...
Old 04-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
They are a 6.5" and they do fit in the sails. I did stop carrying them though as I had an issue with a few of the spiders coming loose on them. I replaced several of these and decided that they sounded great and were easy to install with having screw in terminals but they had a design flaw. The pos and neg leads are attached to the spider which is attached to the cone. I had several people lay the speaker face down and push down on the leads with screw drivers to install the pos and neg wires which resulted in the spiders popping loose. The leads on speakers are generally attached to the speaker frame as it is more durable. I know some of the issues were install error but I replaced them anyway. A couple however were questionable as to whether it was install error or the speaker itself so I just stopped carrying them altogether as the Bazooka subs were much more reliable and bullet proof even though they like a little more power.
I will also have a new CDT DVC 6.5" sub coming out soon, possibly 2 new ones. They are in the testing phase right now and I am quite excited about them as the new SVC versions have been very good.
SAS Bazooka just received there shipment so I should be getting my shipment here shortly of those as well.
Personal opinion of the Audiopipe subs which there are 2...TS-V6 and the TS-VR6 were that they sounded good and were easier to install having the screw in terminals but they had issues with longevity, even though the materials were quite good, the build quality and design had issues.

Quick Reply: audiopipe TSVR6??