Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

keeaudio

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keeaudio

does anyone have one of his stealthbox's? i cant find details i need before ordering one. i.e. what's the internal volume? and whats the depth? my 10" alpine swr-1042d sets 7-11/16" deep and needs .5 to .8 cubic ft. internal volume. he's the only guy i found that sells just the box. all others seem to be a package deal with a box and speakers. any help would be great as I'm ready to buy one.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe his stealthbox is slightly larger than .5 cu ft. I have one with a 10" memphis m3 and it fit almost perfectly. I had to trim the sides of the opening for the sub because the basket on the m3 was slightly wider, but it didn't take much work. As far as the depth, you should be good because my m3 has a gigantic magnet and it fit in there no problems.

I'm very pleased with mine, I can't believe how much bass it puts out of that tiny *** box. Granted it doesn't come close to the dual sub HDF box I had before, but it also doesn't take up my entire hatch and weigh my car down a **** ton.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got one in my car. The fit is really good. I really can't tell you about what the internal volume is, but the Kicker Comp 12 in it seems pretty happy.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My current MDF box will NOT fit a Type-R Alpine. That being said I am building some new ones that will and I will be ready for them to be sold after the first week in June. I had to break down and start fabricating again but the process is slow right now due to time constraints. After I get into June I will have a bit more time and a new design for the stealth boxes. I also have a new technique I am using for my fiberglass enclosure I used to build so I will be doing some 12" enclosures again also.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email sent to KEE AUDIO re custom fiberglass enclosure