Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Car alarm remote stopped working. Why? Yes, I put a new battery in it.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car alarm remote stopped working. Why? Yes, I put a new battery in it.

Any suggestions? Put a new battery in it and still nothing. Just curious if anyone knows and if it's something I can fix on my own instead of the dealer looking at it. I don't want to get ripped off. The alarm still goes off, but I can't open or lock the doors and hatch anymore. It's the same remote from when I bought it in 2000. Guess wear tear... it just died. It just surprises me it stopped working. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

i have the same problem, also interested at what this may be.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 things,,, sometimes the contacts are crushed and arnt touching the battery,, try bending them a tad
or
reprogram your remote,,, its pretty simple to do yourself... google it or search here in the faq how to reprogram your remote.
my car is remove the #17 radio fuse, turn the car from off to run (not start tho) 3 times in a row untill you hear the power locks move,,, then hold down both lock and unlock buttons on the remote at the same time for atleast 15sec untill the locks move again.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 PM

Same here I press the unlock button and nothing press the trunk button nothing press lock it locks and now my car wont start and the alarm wont stop beeping unless i take the battery out. how can i get the car remote to work again or the car?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi Levitt
Same here I press the unlock button and nothing press the trunk button nothing press lock it locks and now my car wont start and the alarm wont stop beeping unless i take the battery out. how can i get the car remote to work again or the car?
Your best bet is to buy a new remote (or two) and program for the car. You can find remotes fairly cheap on ebay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car alarm remote stopped working. Why? Yes, I put a new battery in it.