Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

BCM issues? Surging bucking poor idle, dash lights out, keyless fob doesnt work HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BCM issues? Surging bucking poor idle, dash lights out, keyless fob doesnt work HELP!

Ok so I was driving my car a few weeks ago and out of the blue it just started running like *** once I got back in after a stop at 711. Poor idle, surging, check engine light came on. The car ran like it had water in the tank or low on gas or something. I had it towed home and found the IP dimmer and Cig Accy fuses blown.
Well I think I traced the IP dimmer short to the parking brake warning switch, and I can only assume the Cig/Accy fuse was blowing because I ran a wideband, laptop and tire sensor on that fuse. So I fixed the shorts (I think) and did a write entire to the PCM with a KNOWN GOOD tune. I unplugged all unnecessary accessories (ie laptop, Tire PS, etc) No errors, no codes are thrown now, and HP tuners scan is good. .....and the car still is near undriveable, also the dash lights are out (all fuses good) and the keyless entry still wont work.
Am I looking at a BCM problem? Ho do I verify? It there any thing else that might cause these symptoms? Please Help! Thanks!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The BCM is not related to engine performance in any way other than preventing it from starting if the wrong key is used (VATS). You may want to post this question in one of the engine related sections.

The dash lights are probably the IP Dimmer fuse again unless your parking/tail lights are also out which would indicate the TAIL LPS fuse.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm....I guess Ill have to start checking for bad sensors