Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

BIG Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG Problems

Well, here's the deal, my left turn signal socket I believe is fried..ok..no biggie, but last night I noticed when my headlights are up (2001 T/A) The right marker light is OFF and the left socket is ON, but the left signal won't work and the right one will!!! What can I do to figure out what the heck is going on? And when I arm my alarm the right one comes on but the left won't!! This is making me :b ang::m ad:
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Either bad socket or bulb. The bulbs are dual filament. Turn on the parking lights and hazard lights. The dim filament is for the parking light / DRL. The bright filament is for the turn signal / hazard. My guess is that the dim filament is blown on one side and the bright filament is blown on the other side.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

i have that similar issue. havnt had time to check it out. but the running light that is bright is on like normal on the right hand side. but the driver side light is completely off. when i turn the parking light switch on it comes up but dim like you said the low filament. so you think changing the bulb will make the bright filament come back on for the driver side?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

well the bulb is good . the running light works on the left side only when i mess with the bulb a little. like move it out and side to side . it comes on but then goes back off. so im assuming its a bad socket. anybody know where to get a new one?
Old 06-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

AutoZone has new sockets. Its near the bottom in the bulb isle.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Awesome! Ty. Ill have to go tomorrow to check it out. Ty