Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New System so far so great

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New System so far so great

I hear alot of guys make the debate on if one 10 is enough or is two enough should i go to 12's. So i figured i would throw my 2 cents in for this debate. The major system i had before this was 3 12w6's in a 3rd gen camaro, loved the output. For my fourth gen system i didnt want to sacrafice my t-top storage or scratch up my t-tops with the t-top box. So I scrummage alot and got two stealth boxes one passener and one driver on the cheap. I am starting a SQ competition car so I wanted something that was good low end and good SQ. I went with two Image Dynamics IDQ10v3 dual 4 ohm sub. (I got them at a great deal.) Original amp was a Directed 5 channel amp... connected it up and it didnt work so I got another good Deal on a Massive NX5. (mini-amp)
Rest of the equipment is....

Jl cleansweep to keep the stock headunit
Pioneer 720 tweeters
CDT cl-6cf Mids
Phoenix gold EQ215x
Audio control 24xs(not hooked up yet witing on crossover modules)

Each tweeter is on a channel and each Mid is on a seperate channel

Subs are bridged down to 1 ohm on the sub side of the amp( they are suppose to be seeing 800 watts total).

Right now gain on everything is about half way and unless your a pure i want to be def bass head two tens on this amp is more then enough power. Im still tuning it so im sure it going to get better and cleaner.

Still have to finnish my Big 3 upgrade and havent upgraded alternator yet.
Might stuff the boxes

But to let you guys know if you pick the right enclosure and the right subs two tens in a f-body should do you just fine.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good setup. Do you have any pictures?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

I do have some but they arent finnished the amp mounting is a little unconventional so I was waiting till i get the crossover mounted to get good pics Ill put up one this afternoon when i get home.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Default A little different

you cant tell exactly whats in the box but is a Massive NX5. Was going for something that wasnt painfully obvious was a system in the car two stealth boxes and all the equipment sit inside the box well besides the Phoenix gold EQ that is flushed in the back seat... and yes the seat is completely usable you cant even tell i took some cushion out. Ill get better pics while outside at a show this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails New System so far so great-dsc_0149.jpg   New System so far so great-dsc_0156.jpg   New System so far so great-dsc_0146.jpg   New System so far so great-dsc_0154.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can"t see anthing in those pics.