Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Couldn't you just install a cruise unit out of somebody's car that deleted it? I did, and I'm trying to figure out whether I want to chunk the stuff or keep it in a box for the next 5 years.
It depends on how much of the wiring is included in the car even though it didn't come with cruise. The cruise module and the multifunction turn signal lever would have to have the necessary connections to integrate with the system - including wiring to the PCM.
You would need:
- multifunction turn signal lever with cruise controls
- cruise control module, cable, throttle pivot, and brackets
- cruise cancel brake switch
- cruise cancel clutch switch (manual transmission)
- various small wiring harnesses that connect to the main wiring