Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Audio help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio help needed!

I am having a problem with my 2000 camaro audio. It stopped playing music through the speakers but was still playing on the head unit. I talked to an audio guy in town and he said i need to rewire the whole car because the head unit amp and stock amp are interfering. I do not know a whole lot about wiring systems So should I rewire the speakers to the head unit or a new amp? I need some ideas

The stock speakers, wiring, and head unit have been replaced also. There are 2 tweeter speakers and 4 panel speakers total.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ya need to give it to us in a little more detail so we know what you've done so far like

I installed an XXX head unit with an XXX wire harness and put XXX speakers in the doors and XXX speakers in the sail panels and any other information you might have.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Ok i am running a pioneer premier headunit with a wiring harness that is wired to the stock harness. There are 2 sets of speakers wires spliced into the stock speaker wires before the harness which i assume are the two rockrord frostgate tweeter speakers. The other speakers in the doors are phionex gold ryval speakers that i believe are running stock wiring? The two sail panel speakers are pioneer speakers and they are also probably using stock wiring.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any head unit you use will work fine with the stock amp as it uses a speaker level signal to reproduce sound so it has nothing to do with that. All it would do is sound better because the signal is cleaner from an aftermarket head unit.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Teching In

So any idea why my head unit plays but no music comes from the speakers?