Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How good are Matts speakers............?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default How good are Matts speakers............?

I had Matts speakers installed back in 2003, along with a 12" woofer in a stealth box and a 1,000 watt amp.

Sounds phenomenal.....but I never hear anyone ever talking about Matts.

I have front door speakers with tweaters. And 6x9 coaxials in the back seats.

Not sure of the exact model numbers.

***Whats the best speakers out there right now for the fronts and backs of my Trans Am? Might upgrade. Not a show car, no sound competitions. Just my daily driver.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend cdt's from kee audio
Old 08-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by jpac716
I recommend cdt's from kee audio
Agreed, except that he's already butchered the sail panels to fit 6x9 speakers in 6.5" round holes.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CDT has a nice 6x9" available in a sub, a component set and a coaxial. I have used them a couple of times and they do sound good. I am generally not a fan of 6x9" oval speakers but these are very nice quality and sound great for an oval speaker. I am running a set in my Typhoon right now. Had to try them out.
You could always use an adapter plate for the 6x9" hole to accommodate a 6.5" or even a 5 1/4" component set in that location as well.
I also carry MMATS full line through one of my suppliers. They have very nice gear or at least the stuff I have used was. I personally have used the subs and amps. I have not used the speakers from them though.
Juggernaut and Dreadnaut subs are very nice, pricey, but nice. I have used them both but generally stick to the P3.0 for most applications when using MMATS.

Quick Reply: How good are Matts speakers............?